Blendoor is a startup using technology to overcome the disadvantages of unconscious bias in hiring to help employers find the best candidates, independent of race, gender, (dis)ability, military history or sexual orientation. Learn more about the origin and mission of Blendoor.
- Mission -
To use technology and analytics to drive better people decisions.
- About -
Blendoor is hiring technology that reduces unconscious bias by hiding data that's not relevant and highlighting data that is. It's also a growing database of diverse talent. Job candidates login with Facebook or LinkedIn and they're shown jobs with company profiles; companies post jobs and view candidates that are a good fit, but without revealing names and photos. When both candidate and recruiter express interest each other, they're connected to continue the hiring process.
- Links -
- Follow @stephaneurial and @blendoor on Twitter
- Watch "How to Transcend the Lottery of Birth", Stephanie's TEDxSFState talk
- See how companies rank with the Blendscore - the corporate equity, diversity, and inclusion ratings
- Read investor Hunter Walk's thoughts on the reaction to the startup Bodega
- "Weapons of Math Destruction" - a book by Cathy O'Neil
- Events mentioned: National Black MBA, National Society of Black Engineers Fall Regional Conference, Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing
- Credits -
A Backstage Capital production.