- Mission -
Backstage Capital is exclusively focused on backing the best underrepresented founders (People of Color, Women, LGBT) in the country.
- About -
Arlan Hamilton is an emerging venture capital fund manager. She was the first black woman to lead an AngelList syndicate and has been a tour manager for numerous artists. Having founded and published the internationally distributed indie magazine INTERLUDE, and toured extensively as a live music production professional, she enters the venture investing world from an unconventional path. Arlan is dedicated to minimizing funding disparities in tech by investing in high-potential founders who are of color, women, and/or LGBT.
- Special Guests -
The following Backstage portfolio founders appear in this special episode to share their side of the story about working with Arlan and their experience an underrepresented founder.
- Brian Brackeen of Kairos
- Carol Espy-Wilson of OmniSpeech
- Eric Bryant of Text Engine
- Aniyia Williams of Tinsel
- KG Charles-Harris of Quarrio
- Links -
- Follow Arlan and Backstage Capital on Twitter
- See Arlan's AngelList Profile
- Read Arlan's infamous "Dear White Venture Capitalists..." post on Medium
- See Backstage Capital's portfolio
- Credits -