"We're just some humans who think computers should do more work." "Really we just want to take the tedious work out of your job."
- Empathetic (leave your ego at the door, the greater good of Zapier customers, partners and teammates is more important than any one of us)
- Be Resourceful (default to action, have an impact, find what you need, be fearless)
- Be transparent (explicit not implicit, share what you're working on, don't hoard your work, seek feedback)
- Pay Attention to Details (the difference between good and great is the little details)
- How values help assess culture fit during hiring
- Slack, bots, AI, and automation going mainstream
- Build empathy, internally and externally, with customer service
- Team building on remote teams
- Wade's biggest mistake at Zapier
- Unlimited vacation policies at startups
- How software tools effect communication
- Asynchronous vs synchronous communication
- Augmenting core values with internal team-specific values
- How to get actionable feedback
- See over 600 apps you can automate on Zapier
- Zapier's about page
- Zapier Product designer, Stephanie Briones, mentions the core value "default to action" on the Invision Blog
- See available roles on Zapier's jobs page
- Full show notes
Theme music by Shane Endsley.
Share your feedback with me on Twitter!