Dan Miller, CEO and Co-founder of Level, gives us a look at culture formation in an early-stage healthcare tech startup.
Empower everyone on Earth to achieve their highest potential.
Altruism and Transparency.
Level is a mobile app that provides access to psychotherapists through video, voice, and text. Manage your treatment throughout the week during and between sessions.
- The origin story of Level and Dan's personal introduction into healthcare tech
- The current state of innovation in healthcare and the importance of mobile devices
- Startups innovating in regulated, high friction industries
- The barriers between 50M Americans that experience diagnosable mental health disorders and treatment
- The impact of the Affordable Care Act on health insurance for mental health and wellbeing
- Using design, respect, and transparency to combat the stigma of getting psychological help
- Recruiting co-founders and employees in an early-stage startup
- The beginning stages of forming shared values
- The knowledge gap between professionals and consumers and the benefits of closing the information gap in healthcare
- Advice for new healthcare tech founders and the hardest challenge: managing regulation designed to impede new entrants
- Potential vs pathology: focusing on increasing potential vs mental diseases and disorders
- Follow @DanMillerSF Twitter and Medium
- Dan's feature on the Techies Project by Helena Price
- Dan's Medium post: Healthcare, Inequality, and Bubbles
- Genome sequencing on Wikipedia
- The Organized Mind by Daniel Levitin
- The Affordable Care Act