To help creators make a living doing what they love: making stuff.
Move quickly. Do not lag. Once a decision is made, execute on it as fast as possible. Ship quickly. Save words. Instead, implement and measure. Perfect is the enemy of good.
Get comfortable with being uncomfortable. Nothing is sacred, everything is in a state of change. As individuals we should look to place ourselves in a position where we are learning and getting better every day.
Constantly put yourself in a place where the best thing for you is the best thing for everyone else that you work with and for.
Be open and transparent.
Simplify your relationships. Lose the filter. Talk openly about what you care about and the problems you are dealing with. Get feedback to get better.
Is the thing you are working on right now the most valuable thing you could be doing? A corollary to this: trust others to execute on their objectives so that you can stay focused on your own.
Have fun. Don’t regret. Don’t think too hard. Be optimistic. Assume the best. Things will work out — how could they not?
- The role of bias in hiring
- How teams embody product traits
- The Gumroad mascot 😆
- The deep impact of founders
- How frequent feedback loops result in quality and swift iteration
- The benefits of open communication across an organization
- Personal discomfort and employee retention and growth
- Unintuitive values
- The power of OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) to focus and have an impact
- Having fun daily, not after retirement
- Start selling your work at gumroad.com
- Learn more about Gumroad's organizational structure on the First Round Review
- Full show notes
Theme music by Shane Endsley.
Share your feedback with me on Twitter!